Registration for the 2023 season is January 1, 2023 through May 15, 2023. Team registration must be completed at baseball.legion.org.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF AMERICAN LEGION BASEBALL
To inculcate in youth a better understanding of the American way of life and to promote the principles of 100 percent Americanism.
To instill in the nation’s youth a sincere desire to develop within themselves a feeling of citizenship, sportsmanship, loyalty, and team spirit.
To aid in the improvement and development of the physical fitness of our country’s youth.
To build for the nation’s future through our youth.
AMERICAN LEGION BASEBALL CODE OF SPORTSMANSHIP
Keep the rules
Keep faith with my teammates
Keep my temper Keep myself fit
Keep a stout heart in defeat
Keep my pride under control in victory
Keep a sound soul, a clean mind, and a healthy body
Do you want to compete in the American Legion, Department of Michigan Baseball Annual Tournament?
Where to begin, the following is a list of resources to begin the process. Registration for baseball teams begins in January of each year. See the American Legion, Department of Michigan rule book for exact dates each season. If you have any questions about the baseball program call Ashley Zimmer, Programs Coordinator at (517)220-2754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The American Legion Baseball 2023 Junior & Senior Rule Book- COMING SOON
2. American Legion, Department of Michigan Baseball 2023 rule book- COMING SOON
5. Public school headcounts - COMING SOON
11. Baseball Risk Management Policies
NOTE ALL COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK. To complete the background check visit:
To be notified of baseball updates:
Scholarships are available to the players of American Legion Baseball teams
- Department Scholarship: The Robert 2023 Turner Baseball Scholarship Application
- National Baseball program scholarship application.
Awards are given to players showing sportsmanship and outstanding play
- Class A Hal Newhouser award winner 2022 is Braylon Hughes of Trenton Post 426
- Kiki Cuyler award winner 2022 is Avain Riveria from Braylen Laverty of Midland Post 171