Update as of March 30, 2020:
Help for Posts
On Friday, March 27, President Trump signed into law the CARES ACT to help with the Coronavirus. Previously to that ACT, the Small Business Administration in agreement with Governor Whitmer's application has designated Michigan an Economic Disaster allowing for Economic Injury Disaster Loans to be made to small businesses and non-profits who meet certain standards.
Learn more at these links:
- https://www.sba.gov/disaster/apply-for-disaster-loan/index.html - paper forms
Status of Michigan American Legion Programs as of March 30, 2020
- 2020 Boys State has been canceled
- 2020 Student Trooper program has NOT been canceled
- 2020 Michigan American Legion Baseball program has NOT been canceled
March 23, 2020 - 11:00 am - Governor Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-21 - Temporary requirement to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life - Read Order Here
This order has effects the following:
- Department Headquarters building is closed until April 14.
- Workers will be working remotely as much as they are able, with access to email and phone.
- Email the appropriate person or email@example.com
- Posts with buildings, this means no activities unless you are serving carryout food orders or a program to support needy populations.
For all Executive Order updates https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98455-521682--,00.html
The American Legion National Headquarters
- See there update page here: https://www.legion.org/coronavirus
- The National Oratorical Contest has been canceled.
- Spring Meetings and the Spring National Executive Committee meeting has been canceled.
- Center for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Veterans Administration Coronavirus Information
- Department of Defense CoronavirusInformation
- State of Michigan Coronavirus Information - including how to receive a test
- Are you in need of food or other resources? - MI Bridge
- Workers affected by COVID-19 provided emergency relief through the governor's actions to expand unemployment benefits